My Family

My Family
Here we all are!

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Eradicating poverty one coupon at a time for under $5.00

As promised I will give you a weekly idea of how to use your Sunday's newspaper ads to help eradicate poverty. Additionally I'm going to set a maximum of $5.00 a week as my goal. So, if you're willing to commit $20 a month - what's that a latte a week - I think I can help you fill at least one bag of groceries/personal items to donate. What have you got to lose?

The main two coupon inserts in the paper are called SmartSource and Redplum. In addition every store has their own ads and sometimes coupons. So, in this weeks redplum insert there is a $1.50 off coupon for Dove hair products. It is $4.00 at Walgreens and when you buy it you will receive a register reward which is basically Walgreens money for $4.00. You can then take that coupon and either turn around and purchase something else, or use it next time - it will be good until mid-April. So, with your $1.50 coupon and the $4.00 RR - register reward you basically got paid $1.50 to purchase the Dove product.

Next you need to go to Rainbow - preferably on Wed. which is double coupon day. They will double up to 5 coupons which are $1 or less in value. In the Redplum insert there is a coupon for skippy peanut butter .75 off for 2. When the coupon is doubled they will be $.75 ea. Also in the Rainbow as there is a store coupon for Green Giant vegetables for $.38 per can - up to 6 cans.

So here is your total
Dove hair product - free
Green Giant Vegetables - 6 cans for $2.28
Skippy Peanut Butter - 2 jars for $1.50
Total - $3.78

I'd love if you'd post a comment - especially if you gave it a try. I promise it'll put a bounce in your step :)

No comments:

Post a Comment