My Family

My Family
Here we all are!

Friday, April 9, 2010

Sleepless nights



My head is fuzzy - a couple of sleepless nights and a relentless sinus headache are dogging me. I'm having trouble focusing, so this may make no sense at all when I'm done with it. It does, however, remind me of a time when I was often alone with a very difficult baby and no matter how exhausted I was it was all me until Mark came home from work and I would practically throw that little guy at him before I collapsed. How generous he was to never complain that he might actually be tired from work. In my mind he had a 9 hr. break from the constant demands of this mega-baby I was dealing with.

Conor was over 9 lbs. 4 oz. when he was born. He was 12 lbs. by the time he was 3 mos. old. Thankfully I was a young 25 yr. old mother. My mother died when I was 19 yrs. old. I remember when Conor was born and I was alone in the hospital room with him. I had a conversation with my mom and remember saying - Look what I did Mom isn't he beautiful? How I wish I could have shared that with her and how grateful I am that I've been here to share it with two of my own children.

On Sunday we watched Conor wrestling around in the grass with Dominic, 2. How many many hours Mark spent doing the exact thing with all of our children. Seeing those simple acts repeated with the next generation assures me that the sacrifices we all make as parents are truly worth it. Although it's odd sometimes to think I have children who are parents - it is such a delight to experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment