My Family

My Family
Here we all are!

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Patience is a virtue

Patience is a virtue. Where did that annoying expression come from.  I've never been a particularly patient person, which for some odd reason seems to surprise people.  I have certainly come a long way, but every once in awhile that ugly snapping impatient head pops out and watch out or better yet get out of my way.

In Wikipedia it states, "Patience is the level of endurance one's character can take before negativity."  I sure hate when my character is called into question.

But Thomas Jefferson said, "Nothing gives one person so much advantage over another as to remain always cool and unruffled under all circumstances." So then, if I develop more patience than I can be just a little bit superior - but then I have an issue with pride which is another character flaw. Who am I kidding being cool and unruffled at all times is never going to happen.  Sometimes you just can't win.


No comments:

Post a Comment