My Family

My Family
Here we all are!

Friday, March 4, 2011

She's My Hero

Today Callie had a field trip to a museum and our state capitol.  All week her school staff have been trying to prepare her.  Their biggest concern was her extreme fear of the "big" bus.  You see she is picked up daily at the end of our driveway by the "little" special ed. bus.  She always wears her headphones which mute the sounds she has to deal with.  Her driver knows to never honk the horn or warn her if it's really necessary.  Even then, she may have a meltdown.

Well, she did it.  She got on the bus and had a great time and her behavior was awesome!  She has overcome so much and I'm so proud of her.  I wonder how many fears I have that prevent me from my full potential - ones I may not even be aware of because I have worked around them for so long.

Callie you are awesome and totally my hero - way to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment