My Family

My Family
Here we all are!

Monday, March 7, 2011

What's broken mean?

Yesterday during worship at church Callie was in her usual spot, front and center, singing and dancing her dolls on the stage as she stood before it.  The song was Hosanna by Paul Baloche and one line states, "In Your Kingdom broken lives are made new,  You make us new."  As soon as that line finished she rushed over to me and said, "Mom, what's broken mean?"  I was already feeling emotional from a long week and tears were threatening to spill over just from weariness as I held her face in my hands and said, "It means hearts - broken hearts Callie."

She rushed back to her spot to continue singing and memories of her face when she first came filled my head.  She was beautiful, but her face lacked all expression and she was a perfect example of a broken life. Then I watched her continue to dance her dolls and sing along - what an awesome vision of a broken life made new.  How grateful I am that God has allowed us to be a witness to her transformation and what hope it gives to me that He will continue to make lives new.

No comments:

Post a Comment